“If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times!” Have any of you readers ever heard those admonishing words from your parents, or used them yourselves on your children? Just for fun, here are some words that some parents MIGHT have said to their kids, who later went on to become famous.
“If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times!”
Have any of you readers ever heard those admonishing words from your parents, or used them yourselves on your children?
Just for fun, here are some words that some parents MIGHT have said to their kids, who later went on to become famous.
- Paul Revere’s folks: “I don’t care who you think you need to warn, you are NOT going to be out riding around on a horse at midnight! Now go to bed!”
- Mona Lisa’s folks: “And wipe that phony smile off your face while you’re at it!”
- Michael Jordan’s folks: “Will you stop bouncing that silly ball and do your homework?
You’ll never make any money playing games all the time!”
- Christopher Columbus’s folks: “No matter what you think you discovered, you still could have written!”
- Michaelangelo’s folks: “Why can’t you paint on canvas like the other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?”
- Napoleon’s folks: “All right, Nap, if you aren’t hiding something, then take your hand out of that jacket!”
- Abraham Lincoln’s folks: “What is it with you and the stovepipe hat, Abe? Why can’t you just wear a baseball cap like the other boys?”
- George Washington’s folks: “Georgie, just forget the cherry trees and cut down the big weeds, okay? And stop already with trying to toss the coins in your allowance across the creek in the back yard!”
- Thomas Edison’s folks: “If you don’t quit fiddling around with that crazy thing, I’ll put a REAL bulb on your head!”
- Alexander Graham Bell’s folks: “If you seriously think that people will ever talk to each other through one of those nutty contraptions, you need to see a psychiatrist!”
- Mary (from the nursery rhyme) and her folks: “Mary, it was bad enough when your stupid lamb started following you to school, but now he is making better GRADES than you are? Have you considered maybe a dog?”
- Moses’ folks: “That’s a real good story, son, but we want to know where you have really been the last 40 years.”
- Benjamin Franklin’s folks: “For heaven’s sake, Bennie, can’t you see it’s storming out there? Put down that kite and get in here!”
- Noah’s folks: “FEMA called and said they can’t approve your request for disaster relief funds.”
- Jonah’s folks: “Have a good time at the beach, but don’t go out too far in the water.”
- David’s folks: “The slingshot company called again about wanting to make a commercial with you and Goliath.”
- Dr. Seuss’ folks: “Take that weird hat off the cat and come eat the rest of your green eggs and ham.”
- Dr. James Naismith (inventor of basketball) and his folks: “Jimmy, wouldn’t it make the game go faster if you just cut the bottoms off the peach baskets?”
- Orville and Wilbur Wright’s folks: “People are laughing at you and saying you’ll never get that funny machine off the ground. We got two more of those beanie caps with propellers on them in the mail this morning.”
Neosho Daily News