Click the link below to go to this week’s suggestions, which include celebrating Mother’s Day, seeing “Dark Shadows,” celebrating National Miniature Golf Day and more. Or check out these other links.
1. Hot on the heels of “The Avengers” comes “Dark Shadows,” the next expected summer blockbuster film. The Johnny Depp-Michelle Pfeifer movie is PG-13 and is based on the cult TV show.
2. Saturday is Stamp Out Hunger day, a food drive organized by mail carriers. All you have to do is collect non-perishable food and leave it in a bag by your mailbox, and your carrier will do the rest. This is a good opportunity to do some spring cleaning in your kitchen, and you’d be helping those in need. For more information, go to the official website, http://www.helpstampouthunger.com/.
3. Saturday also is National Miniature Golf Day, so if there’s a course near you, consider taking the family for an outing. You also could set up a mini-golf course in your backyard, using cans, holes or croquet wickets.
4. Don’t forget there’s lots of sports action this weekend. The NBA and NHL playoffs are heating up, and baseball and soccer are in full swing. Check out the leagues’ websites for schedules, news and more.
5. Last but definitely not least, Sunday is Mother’s Day. You still have time to get or make the perfect card and/or gift, or plan a special day for Mom – just don’t forget to tell her how much you appreciate her!
GateHouse News Service