Carbon monoxide poisoning found to be cause of deaths of two men from Springfield

The Brown County Sheriff’s Office released details of the autopsy reports on Nathan Potter and Adam Jensen who were found a little more than a week ago in a rural Springfield home.

According to the report, carbon monoxide poisoning killed Nathan Scott Potter, 30, and Adam Lloyd Philip Jensen, 23.

The report concludes that a damper on the furnace in the home was not functioning properly.

The deaths have been ruled accidental by the Medical Examiner and the investigation is considered closed.

Funeral services for Jensen were held Dec. 27 and services for Potter were held Dec. 28, both in Springfield.