The District 84 Board of Education met on April 16 and approved multiple resignations of instructors, discussed testing, and approved a senior class trip that will take place in San Diego, California next year.
Next came two groups of students who presented their senior class trips to the board. The senior class of 2013 discussed their successful trip to San Francisco, which was followed by some juniors that presented their trip proposal that will take place in San Diego in March of 2014.
Superintendent John Cselovszki reported that there might be a possible referendum in the future to keep up with costs. Cselovszki also mentioned that Sleepy Eye schools are now fourth in the state as far as graduation percent increase.
Action items the school board approved were the following:
- The resolution discontinuing and reducing educational programs and positions;
- The termination and non-renewals for Colby Gallagher;
- Accept the resignation of instructors Erik Root, Michael Leonard and Mary Mulry effective the end of the school year;
- Accept the resignation of Dean Deibele as assistant coach for the varsity football team;
- Accept Jayme Olsen as a special education paraprofessional;
- Accept Kevin Schneider as concession stand coordinator;
- Pat Stevermer's contract as Community Education Director for 2011-15;
- Approve cooperation sponsorship of soccer with New Ulm
- Approve the following donations: Athletic Booster Club donations of $400 to the SE baseball team and an anonymous donation of $400 to the art department for ceramic program materials.