Everyone seems to be excited to see April on the calendar after a long, cold winter. It is also a time of many things happening.
Mr. Jim will be presenting a concert for preschoolers through second graders on Thursday, April 4 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Prior to the concert, root beer floats will be made by those in attendance. A book fair will be set up allowing families to purchase and take the book with them. You can also purchase Scrip cards or order some Pampered Chef items.
Classroom Driver’s Ed will finish the spring session on April 4. Students will need to get to an exam station to take the permit test after they turn 15. Responses have been coming in daily for summer Behind the Wheel which could start at the end of the month if there are students available.
The Red Cross Bloodmobile will be set up in the Sleepy Eye High School on Wednesday, April 10. This is sponsored by the Student Council, but appointments can be made by community members as well. Deb Reinarts has the master schedule for appointments so give her a call at extension 1114.
* * *
The Lions Club is bringing the Southwest State Wheelchair basketball team to Sleepy Eye on Saturday, April 13. Both schools and the Lion’s Club members are involved in selling tickets, and working at the event. Some students and staff will even be involved playing in it. A sandwich, chips and cookie will be available before the event begins. A silent auction is also planned. The team event of basketball begins at 7 p.m.
in the Sleepy Eye High School auditorium. Doors open at 5 p.m. for the food and silent auction.
* * *
Events planned for the reminder of the month include:
- Personal Growth/Career Development begins April 11, 1-3 p.m. for 10 weeks
- “Ring of Fire” sign-up by April 10 for an outing to the Plymouth Playhouse on Friday, April 26
- Deadline for “Wicked” tickets on the main floor is April 15 for the outing on Saturday, Oct. 12 matinee
- 55 Alive Renewal class on Wednesday, April 24, 1-5 p.m.
- All Day Quilting on Saturday, April 27, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tulip Festival at Orange City, Iowa on Thursday, May 16