The Minnesota Department of Transportation reminds motorists to use their winter driving skills this weekend with the snowfall that is in the forecast.
Crews will monitor road conditions throughout the weekend, and snow plow operators are ready to respond when needed.
Motorists should remember to:
- Check road conditions – Go to www.511mn.org or call 511.
- Be patient – Remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back - At least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud; snow plow operators will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow traffic build-up to pass.
- Stay alert – Snowplows turn or exit frequently and often with little warning; they may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down – Snow plows typically move at slower speeds.