With images from the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy still in the national news, a common reaction is to want to help, but there are disaster needs here at home as well—house fires, winter storms and flooding.
The American Red Cross stands ready to help in all types of disasters, but rely on trained volunteers to make that happen.
The Red Cross will be interviewing volunteers this week. Anyone who has thought about being an American Red Cross disaster volunteer, now is a great time to get involved. For more information, contact the local Red Cross office to find out more:
- Brown, West Nicollet, Redwood and Renville Counties, 507-233-1111. Freeborn and Mower Counties, 507-437-4589
- Dodge, Fillmore, Olmsted, and Steele Counties, 507-287-2200.
- Winona, Wabasha and Goodhue Counties, 507-452-4258.
- Rice, LeSueur and Waseca Counties, 507-334-8471.
- Lyon, Lincoln, Yellow Medicine and Pipestone Counties, 507-532-5565.
- Blue Earth, East Nicollet, Watonowan, McLeod, Cottonwood, Faribault, and Sibley Counties,507-387-6664.
- Murray, Nobles, Rock, Jackson and Martin Counties, 507-372-4702.