STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF BROWN
IN DISTRICT COURT FIFTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: Determination of Adverse Claims (Quiet Title) Court File No.: _____________
Lucy Gluth, as Personal Representative of the Estate of James E. Heckler, Decedent,
Dorothy A. Gluth; Donna Mae Olson and Lucy A. Gluth, as Trustees of the Clayton F. Gluth Trust under agreement dated October 31, 1991; Donna Mae Olson; Lucy A. Gluth; the unknown heirs of Clayton F. Gluth, deceased; also all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO: Dorothy A. Gluth; Donna Mae Olson and Lucy A. Gluth, as Trustees of the Clayton F. Gluth Trust under agreement dated October 31, 1991; Donna Mae Olson; Lucy A. Gluth; the unknown heirs of Clayton F. Gluth, deceased; also all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away, they are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you receive this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Berens, Rodenberg & O’Connor, Chtd., 519 Center Street, P.O. Box 428, New Ulm, MN 56073.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
Page 2 of 2 - 5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an Alternative Dispute Resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means to resolve this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY LOCATED IN BROWN COUNTY, STATE OF MINNESOTA, LEGALLY DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
North Half of Northeast Quarter (N½ of NE¼), Section 21, Township 111, Range 33, Brown County, Minnesota,
Except a tract in the Southeast corner described as follows: Beginning at the Southeast corner of the N½ of NE¼, Sec. 21, Twp. 111, Range 33, thence running North on East line of said Section 18.9 rods, thence West 6 rods, thence South 18.9 rods, thence East 6 rods to the point of beginning.
The objective of this action is to obtain a judgment that Plaintiff is the owner in fee of the above described real property and that none of said Defendants have any estate or interest therein or lien thereon.
PURSUANT TO MINNESOTA STATUTE §543.22, YOUR ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED OF THE ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS AS SET FORTH IN THE MINNESOTA RULES OF GENERAL PRACTICE.
& O’CONNOR, CHTD.
Dated: September 4, 2012 /s/ Michael H. Boyle, #148994
Attorney for Plaintiff
519 Center Street
P.O. Box 428
New Ulm, MN 56073-0428
Ph. No. (507) 233-3900
Published in the Sleepy Eye Herald-Dispatch Sept. 13, 20 and 27, 2012.