- Fire claims barns at Double R Arabian farm
- Posted June 7, 2011 midnight
- The firemen put out the flames of more hay bales that caught fire on Tuesday, June 7. The Brown County’s Sheriff’s Office received a call at 11:14 a.m. about hay bales on fire near a building on the farm of Ross and Julie Hellendrung at 17439 Lakeside Road, New Ulm. The fire then spread to a machine shed, a horse barn and an old small hog barn. No one was injured and the 18 horses that were stored in the horse barn and another horse barn were transported to other farms. The machine shed was engulfed in flames by the time the New Ulm Fire Department arrived. Mutual aid was provided by the Hanska and Sleepy Eye Fire Departments, Brown County Sheriff’s Office, the New Ulm Police Department, Allina Ambulance Service and the Brown County Rural Electrical Association. The fireman fought many elements with the scorching heat and heavy wind.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Laffen wins second place at St. Golf Meet, Curtis takes 10th
- Brown County Congress meets Friday morning
- 5-6 record for Indians summer baseball team, Legion beats St. P...
- Sleepy Eye 14U baseball tourney this weekend
- Health officials report tick-borne diseases decreased in 2012
- Volunteers picking up trash save state $6 million annually
- Mayo Clinic patients can now access health info online
- SEPS to host Twlight Swim night June 27
- Senior Dining
- Fireworks display planned to take place on July 4
- Community Education
- Read more top stories